Arrival and Dismissal Hours for Students
- 8:35 a.m. – 3:05 p.m. Grades 2-5
- 8:20 a.m. – 1:50 p.m. Pre-kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st grade
- WEDNESDAY – 8:35 a.m. 1:50 p.m. All grades
The 1996 Legislature passed a law clarifying schools’ responsibility for the supervision of students.
Your son/daughter should not get to school before 8:00 a.m. and not stay in school after 1:50 p.m. (Pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and 1st grade each day and all grades on Wednesday) or 3:05 p.m. (grades 2-5 each day, except Wednesday).
NOTE: Pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and first grade students are dismissed at 1:50 p.m. each day and should be picked up at that time!!!
Second through fifth grade students are dismissed at 3:05 p.m. On Wednesdays, all students are dismissed at 1:50 p.m. and should be picked up at that time. Students that are habitually late being picked up after school will be enrolled in the After School Care Program and parents will be charged accordingly.
All students should be dropped off at the front of the school (190th Terrace), not before 7:45 AM. This is a drop off zone; therefore, NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED AT THE FRONT. If you wish to park, you may do so by the playground or around the perimeter of the school.
- Students should proceed immediately to the cafeteria for breakfast or the physical education court shelter.
- All students need to be in the appropriate spot on the physical education court shelter by 8:10 AM (K and 1st) and 8:25AM (2nd – 5th).
- Teachers will pick up students from the designated area beginning at 8:10 a.m.
Students will be dismissed in the following manner:
- Gate #1 ((in the front east corner of the school building nearest the flag pole) kinder and second grade students.
- Gate #2 (in the middle front of the school) first and third grade every day EXCEPT ON WEDNESDAYS.
- ON WEDNESDAYS, first and third grade students will be at gate #2 (in the middle front of the school). kinder and second grade students will be at gate 1 (in the front east corner of the school building nearest the flag pole)
- Fourth and fifth grade students will be dismissed by gate 5 (in the back of the school next to the physical education shelter).
- Teacher’s parking lot – All students riding M-DCPS buses and all students riding private buses